Facebook CEOMark Zuckerberg has weighed in on a recent news report suggesting he had a “greater than 50 percent” chance of dying from COVID-19 before his death in late October.
In an interview with Recode’s Kara Swisher, Zuckerberg addressed a report in The Washington Post that he had been hospitalized due to COVID.
Zuckerberg’s comments came after his company announced that it had reached a $10 million settlement with the federal government over its handling of the virus.
The company said it would now be donating $1 billion in healthcare funding to healthcare providers and other organizations.
Zuck, in his interview with Swisher on Tuesday, reiterated that his company was working on a new platform to help spread the virus, adding that he has no plans to retire from his job.
“I am focused on helping to get the vaccine out there and to make sure that it’s available as soon as possible,” he said.
“I think that’s a great message, but there’s always more to be done.”
Zuckerburg’s comments come after Facebook said it had struck a $5 billion settlement with government regulators in October over its role in the spread and spread of COVID, and the company is working on new technology to help it spread the vaccine more quickly.
He added that he wasn’t the only CEO who had a heightened sense of concern over the coronovirus.
“That’s a very strong sentiment,” Zuckerberg said.
He also said he has been taking precautions to protect himself and his family, and that his family is going to continue to take the best care of him and his loved ones.