If you’re worried about your pet’s chances of getting bitten by a grassland snake, you’re not alone.
In fact, according to research published in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives, up to 90 per cent of snakes are not poisonous.
But what happens if a snake bites you?
The most common way to treat snake bites is to wash the wound with soap and water, which can help prevent infection.
The second most common method is to use a topical antivenom, which uses venom to control the venomous snake’s bite.
While there are other antivenoms available, the most effective treatment is to apply a topical gel to the wound.
This gel prevents the venom from being released and helps to reduce swelling and inflammation, so it doesn’t make the snake’s venom more dangerous.
However, it is not the only way to prevent snakes from biting.
There are also several ways to prevent snake bites from occurring.
While the most common methods are to use an antivenoma, a topical ointment, or a topical cream, there are many more that are also effective, including applying a topical insect repellent and using a tick-killing insecticide.
So how should you treat snake bite?
The first thing to consider is the venom.
This is a dangerous substance and should be treated with extreme caution.
There is no need to try and treat the venom by applying a gel to your wound.
It’s best to treat the wound by wearing a thick layer of surgical gauze or bandages to help control the swelling.
If you have a high risk of snake bite, seek medical advice and get tested.
If you have not been treated, you can seek treatment online for snake bite and seek help from a trained professional, such as a doctor, nurse or paramedic.
For more information on snake bite contact the National Poison Helpline on 1800 988 994.
If the venom isn’t as dangerous as you think, you might want to try other treatments.
These may include: